The Dean of Students Office staff assists pregnant students before and after childbirth.
Below please see a summary of pregnant students’ rights before and after childbirth:
For detailed information about all adjustments and rights provided to students who are pregnant, undergoing fertility treatments, in the process of adoption/fostering, and after childbirth, please see the Center’s Pregnancy and Birth Procedures.
Pregnant students’ rights
- Exam adjustments – pregnant students will be given an additional 25% of the exam time, and will have permission to exit the room to use the bathroom during the exam.
- Parking – pregnant students pay park close to the Center, free of charge, starting from the seventh month of pregnancy and until one month after childbirth.
To exercise these rights, please contact Ms. Adar Lozer, Dean of Students Office supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach a medical approval stating the current week of pregnancy and the estimated date of childbirth.
Students’ rights after childbirth
The application of the following rights will be subject to the submission of an approval from the Ministry of Interior or from the hospital with regards to the date of the childbirth.
All the following rights shall also be valid with regards to students adopting or fostering a child, on the condition that they present an approval from the Ministry of Interior.
- Absence from classes – students who gave birth during the semester, and were absent from classes due to such, will be entitled to take the final exam of such course, on the condition that their absence constituted less than 40% of class time, or six weeks, whichever is higher.
- Cancellation of courses – students who gave birth during the semester will be entitled to cancel courses, even after the deadline for cancellation, and all on the condition that they had not taken the course’s final exam. They may then re-take such course without additional payment.
- Temporary leave – students who gave birth during the semester will be entitled to go on temporary leave retroactively from the semester in which they gave birth, and to retain their right to re-register without payment, and all on the condition that they provide notice with regards to such leave up to seven days prior to the exam date, and on the condition that such leave period does not exceed two years.
- Absence from exams – students who, due to childbirth, were absent from exams (first and/or second scheduled dates) taking place within a period of 14 weeks of the date of childbirth, will have the right to take the exam on a special date.
- Spouse pregnancies – students whose spouses gave birth shall be entitled to a vacation of one week following the date of childbirth, as well as a special exam date if they were absent from an exam which took place within 3 weeks following the childbirth.
- Assignments – students who failed to submit assignments on a deadline taking place within a period of 4 weeks following childbirth will be entitled to submit the assignment or an alternative assignment in accordance with the lecturer’s decision and in coordination with them, 7 weeks following the end of such 4 weeks.
- Breastfeeding and baby changing rooms – students may use a room equipped with a refrigerator, comfortable seating, and a baby changing table. The room is located in Building A, Floor 1 (near the library).
Students who had an abortion or miscarriage
The application of the following rights will be subject to the submission of a medical approval concerning an abortion or miscarriag
- Absence from classes – students who had an abortion of miscarriage will be entitled to one week of absence following such abortion or miscarriage, unless a doctor has approved that they require longer absence, and all on the condition that their absence constituted less than 30% of class time.
- Absence from exams – students who, due to an abortion or miscarriage, were absent from exams taking place within a period of two weeks of the date of the abortion or miscarriage, will have the right to take the exam on a special date.
- Assignments – students who failed to submit assignments on a deadline taking place within a period of two weeks following their abortion or miscarriage will be entitled to submit the assignment two weeks following the date of the abortion or miscarriage.
Request submission and processing
The Dean of Students Office handles cases of “eligible” students (students who are pregnant, undergoing fertility treatments, in the process of adoption/fostering, and after childbirth).
An “eligible” student must submit relevant documents (medical approvals and/or approvals from the Ministry of Interior) to the Dean of Students Office supervisors by email email@example.com.