The Israel Internet Association is obligated to provide equal opportunity to persons with special needs.
The Peres Academic Center sees significant importance in providing an egalitarian service to all customers; accordingly, substantial resources were invested in making the Site accessible to make our internet services available for everyone.
Therefore, we designed and planned the Site to meet the accessibility guidelines of the World Wide Web Consortium on an AA level.
- English details of the guidelines: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG0) 2.0
- Details on the guidelines in Hebrew: Guidelines for contents accessibility on the Internet WCAG 2.0
Information about the site accessibility
This Site meets the requirements of the Equal Rights for Persons with a Disability Regulations (Service Accessibility Adjustments), 5773 – 2013.
- The accessibility adjustments were executed under the recommendations of the Israeli Standard (SI 5568) for access to content on the Internet on an AA level and the International Document 0.
- The tests were examined for high compatibility with the Firefox Browser.
- The Site provides a semantic structure for assisting technologies. It supports the standard usage format for the operation of a keyboard by using the keys Enter and Esc for exit from menus and windows.
- Fit for use with common browsers and use on a cellular phone.
Information about physical access to the campus buildings and services
The Welfare and Social Involvement Department makes the campus structures and services and the access ways to them accessible. We invite those interested in studying and the students attending the Center who need accessibility to apply to us for the coordination of a personal interview to learn their needs and outline the essential accessibility corresponding to their unique needs.
For questions on the accessibility subject or meeting coordination: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting the standards
- All pages on this Site are written under the HTML5 code standard.
- The Site was designed in contrast colors allowing optimal use for those with impaired vision and color blinds.
- The content on the Site is semantic. It has headings, information tables, lists, paragraphs, standard links, controllers for forms, and picture descriptions if those have significance.
- The forms on the Site are accessible to screen readers and keyboard users.
- Changing the text size on the Site by using CTRL + on the keyboard or the menu is possible.
- The Site is fit to be viewed on portable devices (Responsive).
- The fonts on the Site are sans serif - i.e., have no edges disturbing the reading fluency.
- It is possible to surf the Site without CSS and obtain an accurate result.
- The dynamic information carousels can be stopped and activated by a keyboard/mouse.
How to operate the Site through a keyboard
- A repeated press on the Tab key will move you between the various links on the page.
- Pressing Enter will activate the link. Attention - pressing Tab will move you to the next link and pressing Shift + Tab will return you to the previous link.
- Additionally, the Site allows using shortcut keys to arrive fast at important pages or areas on the Site.
- Surfing the Site through a screen reader - On the Site are indicated Landmarks to mark the main contents areas on the Site; additionally, use of ARIA was made for help with complex applications such as the information carousel on the main pages and expandable menu, modal for pictures display, content accordion and tabs.
Ways to apply with requests and recommendations for improvement on the accessibility subject
It should be noted that despite our efforts to make all pages on the Site accessible, it is possible that parts or abilities on the Site were not yet made accessible. We continue the efforts to improve the accessibility of the Site as part of our obligation to enable its use for the entire population, including persons with disabilities.
If you find faulty areas or such that do not answer the accessibility demands, please turn to Shahar Rubin, accessibility coordinator, by her e-mail: at email@example.com or by phone: 08-9378926
The last update of the Accessibility Declaration: 19.01.23